In our “Foretold” series we’ve been considering how the Apostle Paul described Jesus in Romans 1 as both, “the Son of David” and the “Son of God”. Paul recounts how God “promised beforehand” that Jesus would come to earth to inaugurate His Kingdom and fulfill all God’s promises that a glorious Messiah-King would be born from David’s line. But Paul also tells us that Jesus came to our world as a meek and lowly servant…one who, as a simple man, would humble himself to God’s purposes by riding into Jerusalem on a baby donkey.
Have you ever wondered why Jesus came the way he did?
Jesus Came as a Simple Man (Zech. 9:9)
- The King will come having a “great salvation”
- His salvation will be for all the earth (9)
- Fulfilled in Luke 19/John 12
Jesus Will Come as a Sovereign King (Zech. 9:10)
- The King will come having a “great judgment”
- His kingdom will cover the earth (10)
- Will be fulfilled in Revelation 19:11-16