Orphans Need Everyone
Mission: ONE ministry commits to care for orphans worldwide as directed through James 1:27. We will be stepping out in faith to meet the needs of orphans through prayer and supporting adoption, orphanages, pregnancy centers, and foster care families. We will offer opportunities to raise awareness and to act because “Orphans Need Everyone”.
Supporting Adoptive & Foster Families
Are you a foster or adoptive family? The ONE ministry has many options to support families. We realize foster and adoptive families need support–support from others who have walked the road before and prayer support from other believers.
- Support Meetings
We hold support meetings every other month with free babysitting available for children. We have found these support meetings vital for foster and adoptive families in the trenches. Come join us as we journey through some fantastic DVDs from Dr. Karyn Purvis, author of The Connected Child. Pick up a flyer at our table in the campus center to find out more or contact Amy at 667-4450 or Laura at 450-4592. Feel free to share information about these meetings with any adoptive or foster family you know.
- One Ministry Meeting
The ONE ministry has a wonderful library of DVDs and books. We have the Healing Families series of DVDs from Dr. Karyn Purvis as well as many books that can give guidance, support, and perspective to adoptive and foster families. Please contact Amy at 667-4450 to find out more.
- "Empowered to Connect" Simulcast
A two-day conference designed to help adoptive and foster parents, ministry leaders, and professionals to better understand how to connect with "children from hard places" in order to help them heal and become all that God desires for them to be. Mark your calendars!! April 10-11, 2015
Not sure how you can show God's love to the fatherless? Here's some practical ideas for you and your family.
- Pray for a specific orphan or foster child to be adopted
- Pray for a foster family or adoptive family
- Ask God how you can join Him in what He is doing in the lives of orphans
- Pray about adopting, fostering, or doing orphan care
- Pick up a 40 Days of Praying for Orphan Care flyer from the ONE table in the campus center
- Make a backpack for our Show Love foster care drive
- Donate to a family in the adoption process
- Donate towards a child's adoption fund
- Support an orphanage
- Support someone doing orphan care
- Support a foster or adoptive family (meals, babysitting, etc.)
- Visit them where they are at
- Check out one of the many books about foster care and adoption from the church library and ONE library
- Attend a ONE ministry support meeting and learn about how to help foster and adoptive children and families