Philosophy of Giving:
Calvary Bible Church believes the following principles should govern the giving of your tithes and offerings to the church:
- Everything we have is a gift from God.When we give to Him, we are returning a portion of that which He has given to us. (Psalm 24: 1)
- Our giving is motivated by grace. (II Corinthians 8:1-7, Matthew 6:1-4)
- We are not compelled or forced to give.Our gifts are given of our own volition according to what we purpose in our hearts. (II Corinthians 9: 7)
- We should be generous in our giving. God does not consider the size of the gift but the heart of the giver. (Romans 12:8, I Corinthians 16:2), Acts 11:29, Luke 21:1-4)
- Our gifts should be regular and proportionate to what God has blessed us. (I Corinthians 16: 2)
- When we give generously, we will receive generously. God promises to supply all of our needs. (II Corinthians 9:6-8, 10-11, Proverbs 3:9-10, Philippians 4:19)
All gifts to Calvary Bible Church will be held in strict confidence. Your gifts are between you and the Lord
How to Give Online
Online giving is a voluntary, direct payment program whereby your contribution to Calvary Bible Church will be debited automatically from your checking or savings account into the church’s bank account. In order to use the program, you will need create a new a unique user ID and a password, and provide some personal information such as the amount of your gift, the frequency of your gift, and your bank’s routing number and your account number.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the benefits of giving online?
A: The benefits of giving online include the following:
- no need to write a check or bring cash to the church for your offering.
- it is a safe and convenient option
- you may give a contribution even if you are unable to attend a service
- there are no costs to you
Q: What are the funds to which I can give?
A: You may designate your gift to the general fund or to a specific designated fund or special offerings.
The general fund is the church’s regular offering and is used to provide salaries & benefits to ministry and administrative staff; provide financial support to approved missionaries, pay church bills and purchase supplies; provide programs to equip children, youth, and adults; and provide our music ministry.
Gifts may also be designated to specific areas such as the following:
- Campus Maintenance—used to provide for unforeseen property-related emergencies and capital projects
- Agape Fund—used to provide assistance to congregants and local individuals during financial hardship
- FVCA Sponsorship—used by Fox Valley Christian Academy to provide tuition assistance to needy families
- Facilities Expansion—used for future expansion of church facilities.
Special offerings may also be available at specific times of the year such as the Thanksgiving Christmas Missionary Offering, the Christmas Offering and the Easter Offering.It is recommended that gifts to designated funds and special offerings be above and beyond your regular offering.
Q: Can I give online using my credit card or debit card?
A: Calvary Bible Church is not providing a payment option of using your credit or debit card. The payment option being provided is an automatic withdrawal from your bank account.
Q: What frequency can I use for my online giving?
A: You can choose to give online on a one - time basis or schedule your regular giving.You may provide for a one - time gift as many times as you may wish to give.You may also schedule your gifts by designated a weekly or monthly basis by scheduling specific day(s) of the month for gift to be made.You may give on any day or at any time of the day.
Q: How safe is it to give online?
A: The Online Giving website provides for the encrypted transmission of your personal information. This protects the information from unauthorized interception as the information travels across the internet. Your information will be stored on secure servers at a vendor’s location. This information is protected behind a firewall and other defense systems to prevent unauthorized access
Q: If I give online, do I still need to receive envelopes from the church?
A: If you choose to regularly give online, you will not need to receive church envelopes.That is your decision.If you are currently receiving church envelopes and do not wish to use envelopes in the future, please contact the church’s financial secretary.
Q: If I give online, will I still receive a year - end statement of my gifts
A: Yes. The year-end statement of your gifts for tax-reporting purposes will include all gifts given online.
Q: I have another question. Who do I talk to?
A: If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Bill Dickenson, the church 's financial secretary. Click here to send him an email.